NOTE: We are currently open indoors for private and semi-private sessions and outdoors with a limited group class schedule.
Here is our reopening plan:
We are excited to continue to provide high quality Pilates and fitness in this crazy era!
There are some changes to our policies and procedures to comply with standards set by the State of California and the Sacramento County Department of Health Services and to suit our own concerns. We are working hard to minimize risk for everyone’s safety and wellbeing.
- Everyone will be required to sign a new liability waiver and a waiver related to COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
- All benches, chairs, magazines, cubbies, water dispenser, etc. that are generally used by multiple people will be removed or unavailable for use.
- Anyone who is sick or not feeling well should stay home and will not be penalized. Late cancellation policy does not apply in this case.
- Everyone (employees included) must complete a self-screening before they arrive (including temperature check), and will be asked the following questions before being allowed to enter the studio.
- Have you been in close contact with anyone suspected to have, or diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days? (close contact is defined as being within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes)
- Have you traveled to any places designated as a “hot spot” in the past 14 days?
- Is your temperature over 100 degrees fahrenheit?
- Have you experienced any of the following in the past 48 hours: non-allergy related runny nose, frequent cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, recent loss of taste or smell, headache, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Do you feel at all sick today?
- Entrance will be denied to anyone if there is any concern they have COVID-19 or another communicable disease. In that case, we request that they not return until they have a medical evaluation or their symptoms are entirely gone. If someone has been in close contact with someone suspected to have, or diagnosed with COVID-19 or they have traveled to a designated “hot spot”, we request they wait a full 14 symptom-free days before returning to the studio. (Close contact is defined as being within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes.)
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the studio, and disposable masks are available near the back door.
- Weather permitting, doors will be propped open, so no need to touch door handles, but clients are asked to wait outside until 5 minutes before their scheduled class/session. If it is too hot, cold, or rainy, the doors won’t be propped open, and clients are allowed to wait in the back of the studio.
- Shoes must be left in the designated place at the back of the studio.
- Clients may chose to wear socks and/or gloves. They may also bring their own loops/handles and/or reformer towel.
- CDC information and guidelines for COVID-19 (including spread, prevention, symptom checks, etc.), California State gym reopening guidelines, and this document will be posted in public areas along with signage reminders of physical distancing, mask/face covering usage, and hand hygiene.
- Everyone, including employees, must maintain 6 feet of separation between them and others when at all possible and physical contact is to be avoided, even when greeting people.
- Until restrictions are more relaxed, employees are to minimize manual cues and manual stretches unless the client and employee are both fully vaccinated.
- Masks must be worn at all times indoors, and they are optional outdoors when actively engaged in exercise and at least 6 feet away from other people.
- Masks must cover nose and mouth.
- Masks must be washed or discarded after each use.
- Do not share masks or other face coverings.
- Clients are asked to bring their own mask/face covering, towel, and water bottle. Disposable masks will be available for those who forget a mask.
- Clients are asked to keep their belongings with them. The cubbies will not be available for use.
- Non-participating guests are not allowed.
- In accordance with State recommendations, practicing good hand hygiene is required – wash your hands when you enter the studio, after your session, after using the restroom, and after coughing/sneezing. Using hand sanitizer is acceptable, but hand washing is preferred. We also recommend that you wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after touching your face or adjusting your face covering.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow and face away from other people if possible.
- Proper hand washing is at least 20 seconds of scrubbing, and it includes all parts of the hands and wrists.
- Hand sanitizer used should be at least 60% alcohol.
- Employees must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival at the studio, after restroom use, after cleaning, after each session, after sneezing, coughing, or touching their mask and at the end of their shift. .
- All surfaces of every piece of equipment used during a class/session will be cleaned to reduce exposure for employees and other people.
- For reformers, this includes carriage, headrest, shoulder blocks, footbars, loops/handles, safety straps, knobs, levers, springs, and boxes.
- Employees will use disinfectant on the relevant equipment at the end of their shift. The disinfectant will be sprayed on and left wet according to the manufacturer’s suggestion, which will be communicated to each employee and written on the bottle.
- We will also have disinfectant/sanitizer wipes or spray available to clients if they want to use them.
- Equipment may not be shared with other people without cleaning in between.
- Employees will participate in cleaning and disinfecting the studio regularly according to the posted checklist.
- Employees will wear disposable gloves and a mask while cleaning and will keep areas they are cleaning as well-ventilated as possible.
- All high-touch surfaces will be wiped or sprayed with disinfectant at the beginning of each day.
- This includes door handles (front door, back door, and bathroom), reformer spray bottles, hand sanitizer pumps/bottles, light switch in bathroom, bathroom faucet, soap bottle/pump, drawer handles, and toilet handle/seat/lid/bowl.
- Trash will be emptied daily.
- Bathroom will be thoroughly cleaned/disinfected regularly.
- Clients are asked to exit the studio promptly after their class/session and avoid congregating indoors.
- Clients are asked to be respectful of others’ time when they are using the bathroom since we only have one.
Clients are required to report a positive COVID-19 test to Hilary Rogers. Hilary will call the Sacramento County Department of Health Services (916-875-2400) and follow their instructions, including any mandatory reporting. She will keep the infected person’s name confidential except when required by governmental agency, but will inform those who were in the studio with that person that they were in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
In the case of someone having been in the studio with suspected or diagnosed COVID-19, we will disinfect the studio in accordance with the CDC guidelines.
We reserve the right to change any of these policies and procedures at any time.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Anyone unwilling to comply with our policies and procedures will be denied service.